Is it worth selling off my Dell Laptop?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by anamznazn, Nov 7, 2008.

1. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

I have a Dell 8600 Inspiron that was bought 4 years ago (about $1600) and I'm thinking about selling it off cause I don't really use it. My parents use my Dell desktop (which is like 5x more powerful than this laptop, and my sister uses my old Macbook). Currently, I have a buyer who's willing to buy this laptop for $275. For that price, do you think I should just keep it or sell it? Any of you guys have any experiences selling your old laptops? Any regrets?

15.4 Widescreen (1650x1050)
    1.5 GB SDRAM
    60 HDD
    5200 GeForce
    DVD Burner
    Wifi & Bluetooth built-in

Minor wear marks around the palm rest area and very slight opening on the left side of the screen.

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I am not sure what the going rate for one of those is but it sounds like a really good price to get for it. You can get a new dell lappy for not a whole lot more than that. Do you know this buyer? (as in, will it be an easy transaction?) If so, friggin get rid of it. Everyone can use a bit of extra cash out of the things they are no longer using.

3. anamznazn thread starter macrumors regular

anamznazn

Yeah, he's my co-worker. I'll be receiving cash.

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I would check around (ebay perhaps) and make sure that is an appropriate price for it. That is better for the both of you really for the sake of fairness.