Is it worth the cost to get an ipod touch 4th gen repaired to sell on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pauly1, Feb 24, 2014.

1. pauly1 macrumors regular

I had broke it when i threw it on the ground because i was very upset over something that happened.

this picture pretty much looks what it looks like for my ipod touch 4th generation.

http://www.imore.com/weekly-mod-diy-repair-broken-screen-attgsm-iphone-4

I bought it way back in 2010 or so for 260 dollars or so new. I see amazon.com sells it for 240 dollars new. I know i could probably sell it on ebay used for at least 120 or so from looking at it. However my screen like this obviously means its worth not much.

Is it worth it to get this repaired then sell it on ebay? I would figure the costs would be way too high? Or is it better to just sell it on ebay?

I see ppl selling ipod touch on ebay where its broken and not functional and cracked and i still see ppl bidding 50 dollars plus for it.

2. tomtanojevic macrumors member

if its 8gb its worth 100 max in perfect confition then really $50 more for the different gb

3. pauly1 thread starter macrumors regular

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I just sold an 8gb 4th gen iPod touch today on eBay for $125 w/ free shipping. The screen was in perfect condition though (no scratches or cracks), so that may have been why. Ymmv, but that should provide a bit of perspective on about how much they're going for.

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

sold my 4th gen 8gb cracked like that for 60 bucks if you're just looking for some quick cash.

6. pauly1 thread starter macrumors regular

Could you even click on it though? The thing is i cant even click on ipod touch anymore so i cant drag the arrow to the right to see the main screen.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Oh, yeah it was fully working the screen was just cracked.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

You're better off just selling it broken on eBay.