Is it worth the upgrade to iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EarlofCroydon, Sep 10, 2010.

1. EarlofCroydon macrumors member

EarlofCroydon

I've got a white 3GS still and am very happy with everything to do with it.
    No hesitation on upgrading from the 3G to 3GS but with the signal media frenzy among other reasons like price (£500 base model pay and go, I don't like contracts) is it worth it? Also how much could I get for my current iPhone? It's condition isn't great, it's okay but has a couple of scratches

Attached Files:

2. adztaylor macrumors 68000

Only you can decide if the upgrade is worth it to you. Go to the Apple store, have a play with its new features. If you feel it's worth it then go for it.

3. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

is it insured ?

if not sell it, and buy a new iphone, yes its worth it, its like compareing a dog **** to a lump of gold. go figure. but dont tell my gf, she bought the 3gs haha

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Why do people buy BMWs and 'Benz's over Kia's and such? Both will get you from A to B just fine. One might be more comfortable to drive than the other to some. One might have more features that appeal to the driver than the others. The BMWs certainly cost more, but if you have the money to spend and the itch to own one, then you buy it.

Same goes for you here. If you can justify spending the money for the upgrade, and you're not spending your rent or bills money just to get one, then go for it.

It's all about personal preference. Do what feels right to you.

5. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I would say yes! I went from a 3g to the iPhone 4 today, and I couldn't be happier.

6. EarlofCroydon thread starter macrumors member

EarlofCroydon

Well I'm pretty certain i'll stick. £500, I believe is ALOT for a phone I may upgrade later on when they are cheaper and on eBay. For now the 3GS is still the second-best phone on the market, I can live with that. Besides i've just come off the back of buying a guitar...way cooler ;)

Thanks anyway :D :apple: