Is it worth the wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WealthyBigPenis, Jan 14, 2013.

  1. WealthyBigPenis macrumors newbie

    Jan 14, 2013
    Is it worth the wait? The question behind every consumers mind.

    Here's my situation, I'm in the UK and I'm on the '3' network. My 2 year contract in which I'm entitled to unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited 3 to 3 minutes and 5000 minutes all for £35 ($56) p/m and the iPhone 4 handset was free. The main contract is due for renewal in June, however you can upgrade your handset a few months early, Jan 29th more specifically for me. Now I've owned the Nex 7 and toddled around with android a bit and decided it really wasnt for me, I use iTunes match and have pretty much bought into Apples ecosystem (apart from that expensive monopoly app on android, dang!).

    Now from the 29th of Jan I am able to get a new handset, they are asking for £60 ($96) upfront for the iPhone 5 (16gb black) to stay on my current contract and pricing which I'm sure I'll be able to play the 'loyalty card' and get for free.

    Something else to consider whichever point I choose to upgrade, be it the 29th, that is the new point at which my contract will begin, so think of it as a 1.85 year contract. Now my sister and father have both routinely upgraded to the 5.

    The 4 is good for me 'now', it's getting a little slow and a little samey, but the battery on that thing is great. Considering Apple's new "Let's cut our refresh times" situation, is it likely that we will see a late/early summer iPhone with a big enough difference to the 5. Those who upgraded from the 4 or 4s, did it feel like a big enough update for you?

    I know at the end of the day it is only us individuals who can make decisions however I just wanted to see what you guys would all do, stick with the 4 in the hopes of a new phone mid this year?

    My guess is there will be a slightly higher price point to pay to renew on a contract with a new phone, probably like £80-90 ish. ($128-$144).

    (Despite the username, I am still money conscious :p)
  2. Spink10 Suspended


    Nov 3, 2011
    I enjoying having the newest iPhone - so I personally would wait.
  3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020


    Jan 29, 2010
    Lexington, KY.
  4. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

    Jan 20, 2012
    LL22, UK
    i'm in the same situation, but i'm gonna buy a ip5 outright
  5. Jordan921 macrumors 601


    Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    I'd say wait but if the phone feels really sluggish you might have to if it gets worse.

Share This Page