Is it worth to buy mid 2015 rMBP 15 now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ahualoa, May 11, 2016.

1. ahualoa macrumors newbie

im considering buying a used base model with the m370x, would the new increment have a lot of new features or just little increments like the last few? Also how much should I pay for it if I buy used?

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Depends on your immediate needs, the price, and how much paying a bit more matters.

The 15" Pro is pretty outdated at the moment. Even when it was updated it was using previous generation components that are all that much older now. In all likelihood there will be the first form factor change since 2012 in about a month's time. The new models should use modern silicon, be considerably trimmed down in footprint and weight, while adopting the newest connectivity standards that will keep a computer feeling modern for the next several years. However I would not be surprised if you could buy a used model like you are considering for about half what you'll pay for a new one next month. And the design is tried and true.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Old saying applies:
    If you absolutely, positively NEED IT TODAY, buy one today.

But if you don't need it "today", buy one now, and in five weeks you may be quite disappointed...

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say wait if you can. WWDC is in June, at this point you'll probably get the best bang for your buck by waiting until then - provided you can hold off.

5. AAtte macrumors newbie

I would buy 2010 cMB for couple hundred euros/dollars to make it until the new model comes. It's from a another planet compared to the current 15-model.