Is it worth trying to order an iPad 2 right now?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by harrisxml, Mar 23, 2011.

1. harrisxml macrumors newbie

I'm noticing that people gave pretty useless information in the tracking shipment thread...what really matters is the day you ordered it and how many days it takes you to get it.

Are the 4-5week quotes accurate?

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'd say you should order it while at the same time looking for one at a store. You can always cancel the order--you'll have 5 weeks to do so.

3. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

This. I had another month to go until my online order shipped but managed to get one yesterday at the Apple store.

4. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I think I'm going to order it through Apple and wait. I'm wanting a Black AT&T 64gb 3g model. By that time, maybe Apple will have figured out the backlight issues. I've waited 4 months for the iPad 2, what's another month.

5. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

I'm with this guy and I don't have the money to buy 2, even if I'm cancelling one of the orders afterwards I just don't have the capital to do that.

I ordered mine online over 1 week ago. When you order it you get a ship by date and delivery date. My Ship by is April 20 with delivery by April 23. I've waited since November, what's another month? I spent over 24 hours in various lines at Apple stores since half my purchase funds were in Apple Gift cards.