Is it worth updating to iOS 11 now ?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by max2, Jun 6, 2017.

1. max2 macrumors 68020

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 65816

Freakonomics101

It’s usable for day to day operations to me (iPP 9.7 is a lot better) but that doesn’t mean that’s the case for everyone else. Performance is a little less than 10.3.2 but sluggish in other areas.

The added features and UI changes on the iPad is worth it, even if it’s not completely stable yet. Not sure how it’s running on the Air 2. Someone would have to chime in with that. If it runs well on it, I would go for it.

3. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

I guess it depends how willing you are to put up with bugs and possible stability issues. I'm probably going to try it in one of the later betas, but it's too early for me yet.

4. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

My iPad mini 4 is now unusable. Dropping back down to 10. Not worth it at this stage and I will gladly wait for stability.

5. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

What is the likelihood that the beta will mess up my iCloud data (photos, etc) if I update? I could live with bugs and instability on the device itself. Data corruption, etc, on the other hand, is a different matter.

6. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

I'd say if you are backed up off the device (i.e. either iCloud or iTunes) you should be safe.

7. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502a

marmiteturkey

on my 12.9 it's great; very few bugs and no deal breakers; it's perfectly usable and I'll stick with it. On my iPhone 7+ it is causing the photos app to hammer the battery in the background and I may drop back down if the first update doesn't fix it.