Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreenBastard

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2012
Halifax
No unless you have exchange server.
Otherwise no.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think this is an accurate answer.

I, for one, as well as many others, have experienced huge battery life gain. I can easily go until 7PM and still have 25% left whereas prior to 6.1.2, I was having to charge around 7PM under the same usage.

Btw, I'm speaking for my iPhone, not iPad, though I noticed battery is definitely better on 6.1.2 on both devices. That alone should warrant an update. Also, I am experiencing less crashes on 6.1.2 than older iOS versions, namely 6.0.1-6.1.

toshibauser

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
New York
I don't think this is an accurate answer.

I, for one, as well as many others, have experienced huge battery life gain. I can easily go until 7PM and still have 25% left whereas prior to 6.1.2, I was having to charge around 7PM under the same usage.

Btw, I'm speaking for my iPhone, not iPad, though I noticed battery is definitely better on 6.1.2 on both devices. That alone should warrant an update. Also, I am experiencing less crashes on 6.1.2 than older iOS versions, namely 6.0.1-6.1.

Well, I think you should upgrade to 6.1.2. I have a iPhone 4 user and I could see battery improvement, not huge but significant, like 30 min-1 hour longer in usage time. It wont take you more than 5 minutes to upgrade via WiFi anyway. :)

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
6.1.1 and 6.1.2 were both specific bug fixes for 6.1. Now you can argue over whether the bugs in question affected you or your device, but the fact is, if you stick on 6.1 you're using buggy software for no real reason, since the fixes are out there.

I really don't get the constant fear over upgrading every time iOS is updated - especially when it's point releases like these that do nothing but fix known problems in the software you already have. Why would anyone cling onto software they know to be faulty?

Ok there's a small chance the update might break something. But by dragging your heels the whole time and resisting the upgrade, you're *guaranteeing* the fact that your phone/iPod/iPad is sub par, and not performing like it should, because its always on the older buggier version.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I think the op was just wondering if it was worth the time to get the upgrade and re-jailbreak his/her phone.

But I don't know what is all involved in jailbreaking or how long it takes.

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
I'm staying with 6.1. The bugs that were fixed do not affect me, and my battery life is astounding (way better than any other iPhone I've owned). I have installed so many tweaks that it would take me several hours to recreate my current setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.