Is it worth upgrading from iOS 6.1 to 6.12?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by getstuff4less, Feb 28, 2013.

1. getstuff4less macrumors member

Hello,
    My iPad is jailbroken so I want to know if it's worth it to upgrade the OS.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

No unless you have exchange server.
    Otherwise no.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. TheGreenBastard macrumors 6502

TheGreenBastard

I don't think this is an accurate answer.

I, for one, as well as many others, have experienced huge battery life gain. I can easily go until 7PM and still have 25% left whereas prior to 6.1.2, I was having to charge around 7PM under the same usage.

Btw, I'm speaking for my iPhone, not iPad, though I noticed battery is definitely better on 6.1.2 on both devices. That alone should warrant an update. Also, I am experiencing less crashes on 6.1.2 than older iOS versions, namely 6.0.1-6.1.

4. toshibauser macrumors member

Well, I think you should upgrade to 6.1.2. I have a iPhone 4 user and I could see battery improvement, not huge but significant, like 30 min-1 hour longer in usage time. It wont take you more than 5 minutes to upgrade via WiFi anyway. :)

5. Dented macrumors 6502a

6.1.1 and 6.1.2 were both specific bug fixes for 6.1. Now you can argue over whether the bugs in question affected you or your device, but the fact is, if you stick on 6.1 you're using buggy software for no real reason, since the fixes are out there.

I really don't get the constant fear over upgrading every time iOS is updated - especially when it's point releases like these that do nothing but fix known problems in the software you already have. Why would anyone cling onto software they know to be faulty?

Ok there's a small chance the update might break something. But by dragging your heels the whole time and resisting the upgrade, you're *guaranteeing* the fact that your phone/iPod/iPad is sub par, and not performing like it should, because its always on the older buggier version.

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I think the op was just wondering if it was worth the time to get the upgrade and re-jailbreak his/her phone.

But I don't know what is all involved in jailbreaking or how long it takes.

7. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

I'm staying with 6.1. The bugs that were fixed do not affect me, and my battery life is astounding (way better than any other iPhone I've owned). I have installed so many tweaks that it would take me several hours to recreate my current setup.