Is it worth upgrading to 2.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jake921660, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jake921660 macrumors regular

Ive got a jailbroken 2.1 iPod Touch and was just wondering if it is worth updating to 2.2.

I don't listen to podcasts and don't care about emoji so is there anything else that will make it worth updating?

Does it run any faster or crash less?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I'm sure it increases speed and stability like the updates usually do. Can't hurt to upgrade. I say why not?

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

performance seems a quicker, they have made improvements to email and safari but you wont really notice anythin new when using

4. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

Same thinking here. Why not? :D

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I've noticed it seems to be a lot more responsive, especially Safari...the transition between portrait and landscape mode seems a hell of a lot smoother than in previous versions of the software.

6. biikman macrumors regular

it was worth it IMO. Before 2.2 safari would crash every 15-20 minutes, on ramdom websites. Since 2.2 I've only had 1 crash, and it was on a thread on apples discussion board that had like 450 posts. Not saying it will never crash, but it does seem alot more stable, for me at least. The podcast update is eh for me, as I would like it know which podcasts I already have on my touch, and either not list them, or have some sort of check to show they already are on my touch. Also I wish they had descriptions! Yes, Ive sent feedback :)

7. jake921660 thread starter macrumors regular

Its just that i have a lot of jailbroken apps that i will have to put back on.

But thanks for the response anyway.

8. biikman macrumors regular

If it runs stable as it is now, then with a jailbroken touch I'd have to say naaa not worth it.

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

The only thing I see that I truly like is ability to turn off stinkin' spell check. I've sent quite a few "fixed" emails by Apple that I wasn't too proud of. Otherwise, everything else seems same old.

10. sweetwater macrumors newbie

I like the addition of the Google toolbar in Safari. But other than that, I didn't really notice a whole lot of cool new features. So, it's really up to you. :)

11. rtztgue macrumors regular

i just posted this in another thread, but I was wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to 2.2. I see a few people that notice a difference, and others that dont notice much. I am waiting until I hear of definitive info on 2.2

on a similar topic.. i have to do a complete reset (shut down and reboot) on my jb2.1 about once a day. is that a lot? will 2.2 fix that?

12. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

google bar has always been in safari though

14. DMoney0023 macrumors member

will 2.2 keep track of my play counts finally?? Im not jailbroken but updated to 2.1 from an .ispw file online, so is it ok to update from iTunes??

15. Master Debater macrumors member

I've learned to always proofread when I send text from my iPod. ;)

16. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Upgrade, you can jailbreak 2.2 firmware now using PwnageTool 2.2.1 or QuickPwn. Use PwnageTool because it's much better and customizable.