Is it worth upgrading to Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Crusader007, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Crusader007 macrumors member

I've heard from a lot of friends who downloaded the upgrade that its quite buggy and drains out the battery quite fast. So I didn't upgrade it yet... the 200+ features in the upgrade are mostly useless cosmetic changes plus the useless Apple maps... it's just not enticing or tempting enough to download... no killer features for free...

I feel like... Mavericks is free, but hey as they say "free cheese is only found in a mousetrap"... Thoughts?

2. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

Get smarter friends. Your current crop are all idiots and trolls.

3. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Wait for the next point release.

I had a friend that got burned badly when she upgraded to Mavericks and had to go back to 10.7.5

I however have been ok so it shows YMMV. But if you DEPEND on your Mac, then wait until 10.9.2, install it on an external hard drive and test it.

4. Bear macrumors G3

If there's no reason for you to upgrade yet, wait until 10.9.2 at least.

When you go to upgrade, make sure all the software you use is updated and compatible with Mavericks.

I actually didn't upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion until a piece of software I wanted to use required Mountain Lion. And when I tried Mavericks, I went back to 10.8.5 due to some issues I had. As it was stated, different people have different experiences with Mavericks.