iPad Is it worth upgrading to the Air from an iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AaronM5670, Oct 23, 2013.

1. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

I am wondering whether the benefits are worth it or I should stick with my near 3-year old iPad 2 with its pixellated display. I will basically be using it as a dumbed-down MacBook Air for editing files on the go, with my iMac as my main computer.

Should I wait for the iPad 6 or whatever it will be called or just get the Air? I'm worried it might not be future proof enough considering I will need it for the next 3 years (i.e. Touch ID etc.)

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Next years model might have Touch ID but will be missing whatever feature is the iphone 6's signature. No such thing as future proofing. Upgrade when you feel the need & enjoy.

3. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Being that the iPad 2 is still a "current" device (still being sold new by Apple), used prices remain pretty high (relatively speaking, for a 3YO device). Those who bought their iPad 2 since its release definitely got their money's worth when they sell it to fund the purchase of the new model. I'd say totally worth it!

I'm sticking with my iPad 4 but will upgrade the Mini to the retina.

4. PharmDoc macrumors 6502

I am planning on doing this and then selling the ipad 3 next year so that I don't keep a model for more than 2 years to maximize it's resell value... selling on a yearly basis seems like too much of a headache but I might try it next year.