is it worth??

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Dominicanyor, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Is it worth updating from yosemeti to mac os? I have not had any issues with yosemti since i updated. looks like many people are having issues with mac os.

2. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

just go to el cap for the time being its really stable and still avalible and wait seirra out

3. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

El Cap gave me some weird finder beach balling on my MBP. Haven't had that yet on Sierra. I've installed Sierra on several macs and I've seen no issues. So far I like it.

It all comes down to what system you're on, what you do, and if all the software you use is compatible.

4. C5.4 macrumors member

C5.4

I have been on El Capitan since it released. It's been perfect for me, much better than yosemite. I have a 2011 model so I don't see a point in updating to Sierra since it adds nearly 0 features to my mac. Of course if you are using software that isn't compatible with El Cap or Sierra then you should stay. Otherwise, there aren't any problems with El Cap and only a few small ones with Sierra.

5. cynics macrumors G4

Make a list of all the 3rd party apps you use then google search whether they work in Sierra or not.

If they do then update, if not then wait.

6. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I usually wait until .3 after major releases of OS X (now called macOS).

I did however upgrade my laptop (which I don't use for heavy work anymore) and Sierra is pretty shoddy in terms of performance. I did however update to 10.12.1b beta and it is much better now.

I assume Sierra will be like El Cap and get better by .3 or .4.

Yosemite was pretty bad initially too but got better over time, but El Cap is very stable at .6

7. dyrer macrumors member

dyrer

macOS Sierra, was my first time since 10.6 i have major issues after upgrade.
    I think dev team was on hurry to have ready this version, such a shame for Apple

8. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

I thought El Capitan was a bit nicer than Yosemite, but I'd hold off on Sierra for the time being...

9. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

I think they just put all their resource on iOS, and it's pretty obvious since it's 70% of their income.

Sierra is a lackluster update, to be honest.

10. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I'm steel using Yosemite and it's working fine. I just don't know about the macOS.

11. steve23094 macrumors 68020

steve23094

Security fixes? (Not all are fixed on older versions).