Is it wrong I want an iPhone 5s with 7.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BlueMoonForever, Aug 31, 2015.

1. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

I found a new one sealed in the box, and I am tempted to buy it. Not a fan of larger iPhones like the iPhone 6. Also not a fan of the form factor and design. iOS 8 has been nothing but problematic for me, especially in the lag department and apps crashing. I remember iOS 7.1.2, was almost near perfection.

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

Not sure why you saw the need to post this. Only you can answer that question which you seem to have in your initial post. If you want it and think you will be happy with it then you should decide whether to go for it. There is no point asking others to justify it for you.

3. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

There's nothing wrong with that, however, iOS 8 has grown quite a bit since its release. iOS 9 is just around the corner, and with its performance improvements, I'm sure it can go back to iOS-7 levels of stability.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I want an iPhone 5 with iOS 6. I have an iPhone 5, but because of various issues was forced over time to upgrade to 8.3.

I want iOS 6 back.

So, from that perspective I would say no, you aren't wrong.

However, I do question your desire to have a Playskool/Fisher Price inspired, primary colored, unicorn puke version of iOS however.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

You are referring to iOS 6, with that above description? Or is it iOS 7. I want neither 6 nor 7 not 8. iOS 9 is what I'm waiting for.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I am referring to iOS 7.1.2, the version of iOS the OP mentioned he wanted.

I hate iOS 7/8 and will probably hate 9 because apparently Jony Ive went to pick his kids up at preschool and got inspired. Now, that's hyperbole, but I doubt it's far from the truth.

Give me iOS 6 back. In the meantime, my jailbroken iPhone 5 and 6+ have given me Eclipse 2, Color Profiles and Monochrome which has essentially allowed me to banish most of this color regurgitation. Unfortunately, the flatness is still very much present.

7. markovchain macrumors member

i also want a 5s on 7.1.2. shop around and people called me insane. don't like the slippery grip, size and iOS 8.

8. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Because this is a forum meant for discussion, the OP is requesting our opinion on it.

Now to reply to the OP, I'm not sure to be honest as I don't really remember specific OS releases. I miss the dock they had in iOS 6 (before the stupid blurred dock released as it ruins wallpapers) But the 5S is a great phone and if you like 7.1.2 go for it, but I agree with you iOS 8 has been buggy, I'm hoping iOS 9 will improve my 6.

9. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah iOS 8 was a huge mess at the beginning. I always said that it's on Vista's level, but it has gotten much better since then. iOS 9 gets even better and (at least on my 6 Plus) brings back some of the buttery smoothness that iOS hasn't really seen since iOS 6. iOS 9 is shaping up to be the best iOS release in years, and the only reason I would get an iPhone 5s with iOS 7 is for collectability since most of them will be running iOS 8 or 9 soon.

I respect your opinion, but I'd take flat iOS over skeuomorphic iOS any day.

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

And your point is ? My post was perfectly valid. I certainly wouldn't be posting a thread asking that question.

11. timeconsumer, Aug 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015

timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

My point was clarified in my post in which you quoted. No need to elaborate on it and I never said your post wasn't valid. I see your point in the fact that a question was not clearly asked (other than asking for our opinion in the subject line) but in this case several members were able to contribute a discussion rather than telling the OP to make up his/her own mind. This makes the forum seem less inviting for new members. If you wish to carry on this conversation please feel free to PM me but we're currently derailing this.

To get this back on track, does anyone have experience running a 5S with 7.1.2 and any limitations that could potentially assist the OP in the decision?

12. tresmith macrumors 6502

For those looking for stability, I would wait and see what iOS 9 brings before committing to an older OS. It looks like Apple has put a lot of effort in making iOS more stable.

13. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Just remember that every upgrade that has happened since 7.1.2 has also closed many security holes in iOS. Each upgrade that you skip means there are more security holes you open yourself up to...

14. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Did you get it? The excitement awaits.

15. alitek12 macrumors newbie

Nope ,nothing wrong. I personally got the 5S for it's size and IOS 7.1.2. I managed to get lucky with my phone and got 7.1.2. Couldn't ask for anything better and I have no intention to upgrade it.

16. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Just remember that your time is limited. As time moves on, more and more apps will be limited in what they can do on iOS 7.

17. pandi.ruvina macrumors regular

Hahaha, whenever I see similar posts with questions like this one, I'm always interested to see the hilarious response you could give! Man, you make my day, seriously!

Sarcasm is the 'highest form of intelligence'