Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

advres

Oct 3, 2003
Boston

It was my way of saying "camping out for a goddamn phone is freaking gay. Not like homosexual gay... but really, really lame gay".

Sorry if you are homosexual (or not) but you have to learn the term "gay" is ingrained in our language now and when used, it usually has nothing to do with homosexuality. I was kind of making a joke, but I knew some people here would get all butthurt over it (no pun intended).

advres

Oct 3, 2003
Boston
And PS... I have been using macs for pretty much always, am typing on one now, have 4 sitting in my edit suite, ordered the 1st gen iphone the day it came out and have the 3gs now. Even I think camping out for this phone is quite possibly the lowest common denominator of fanboy idiocy.

citron230

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
San Diego, CA
My Apple store is in an outdoor mall and they said security will not allow people to camp. You can start lining up at 6am they said, and they open at 7.

Anyone else hear about the same type of rule?

The Apple Store in Fashion Valley has similar rules. The security will not allow you to park on property before 6am. For the iPhone 3G release I parked in an area where employees parked but still the security guards were patrolling on their Segways. They allowed us to line up at 5am but they they would not allow people to lay down, sleep, or bring chairs. As soon as a rules was broken they would zip around the corner and enforce the rules and threaten to remove people from property. They were dciks for sure.

Fraaaa

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2010
London, UK
I waited in line 5 hours 2 years ago for my 3G. I thought that was crazy. Camping for a phone is just nuts, IMO.

I went at 6 AM on the iPad launch day in UK just because I had insomnia, when I got there I waited for about an hour and half. The Apple Store opened up at 8 and by 8:30 I was in.

Is not necessary, you could do it, but I won't recommend waiting in line for days or more than a couple of hours.

Beside even if not in stock you won't be waiting months to get one.

puppyflightclub

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2009
california
It was my way of saying "camping out for a goddamn phone is freaking gay. Not like homosexual gay... but really, really lame gay".

Sorry if you are homosexual (or not) but you have to learn the term "gay" is ingrained in our language now and when used, it usually has nothing to do with homosexuality. I was kind of making a joke, but I knew some people here would get all butthurt over it (no pun intended).

oh im not gay. and ohhh i get it. kinda hard to get joke tho, if you dont understand how you were trying to mean it. i was taking it as a literal term.

like i can say if you like guys that squirt ripe oranges in their mouth, meaning sweet.

but i didnt take offense, kinda funny now that I get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.