Is it Yosemite issue or hardware issue? dont mattah.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by jian, Oct 31, 2014.

1. jian macrumors regular

So a while ago my internet stopped working properly, it was fine on my 2012 rMBP, but my iMac was a nightmare - I had to reconnect every once in a while, and occasionally it would tell me I have duplicated IP address on my network and stuff.

Fast forward a few days, my first gen Time Capsule stopped working, when I reset it, it interrupts my modem for a few minutes and temporarily turns the green lights orange, when the orange lights on my modem turns green, my TC starts to flash for afew minutes, and when that turns green, it interups my router again, it just loops like that.

After many resets, I realize my wired network out of TC is working OK, it dropps sometimes but at least it works, wifi on the other hand, I can not even perform a restoration to factory setting.

So i bought a new airport extreme, problem solved, my wifi in the room hasnt been improved but the connection in my living room has improved like if it was going into a new era.

Guess it was time for an upgrade anyway:cool::cool::cool:

People are saying a typical wireless routers don't usually last long, my then $400 dollar time capsule lasted me 6 years, I guess it wasn't bad at all, plus the way bigger wireless range, im not complaining

2. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Suggestion: use a descriptive subject line

Please, could you edit the title of the opening post?

Maybe use any/all of these words:
    • Time Capsule
    • AirPort Extreme
    • Wi-Fi
    • solved/resolved
    – especially when things are busy, a descriptive subject line can help other readers, who may be ploughing through many pages of topic titles and/or search results.

Thanks