Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john159

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
i have been reading online about how many of the networks are not so ready to release their content for distribution through iTMS. They are insted partnering with DirctTv and ComCast. Will apple be able to make the vid sotre as succesful as the Music Store? Has any one heard anythin about new shows to come or networks?

Pistol Pete

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2005
California
all my trust is in apples hands...i believe jobs will do whatever he can to make legit deal with new shows...

possibly expect more abc or disney shows....

besides that apple would need to make a new contract...

its is only the beginning!

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I'm still waiting for TV shows.

I'm in the UK, and the iTunes store offers a poor selection of music videos, movie trailers and some pixar animations.

Yay. :p

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Ubuntu said:
I'm still waiting for TV shows.

I'm in the UK, and the iTunes store offers a poor selection of music videos, movie trailers and some pixar animations.

Yay. :p
Yeah there's not much market outside the US for the 'video' revolution for iPods. :(

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
I'd like CBS deal, the have numb3rs, CSI ,Survivor(is that the 1# reality show still?)

With Fox, family guy, Simpsons, House ect:cool:

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
PCMacUser said:
Yeah there's not much market outside the US for the 'video' revolution for iPods. :(
You'd be surprised. On our display models, we converted some of our own content to demonstrate the video features, but went a little overboard. This has resulted in us giving some customers the impression that it is as easy to get video on there as it is music, so we are removing all but a few apple trailers.

Even so, those that have it explained how difficult it can be to get content on there seem to say, "but as time goes on, easier software will enable you to do it", so they aren't bothered at this moment, but see the benefits. One person even seemed to be suggesting they would let their daughter download whatever videos she wanted from iTMS.

It will be a little slower to take off in the UK, (and elsewhere outside the US), but it will come. More are looking at other multimedia devices too. Since most new phones also play video, and 3G looks to be making a huge push next year with promise of more video content, it will creep up on us very quickly.

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
i'd like to see this come to canada

also i think they'd make a bundle if they scored a deal for the CSI's (miami, vegas, and new york) with all the previous episodes? they'd surely get my money

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iTunes has shows?!?! ;)

Gee, all we get is Pixar and Music Videos. At least Apple added "Knick Knack" to the Pixar shorts, it's a pearler. I still haven't seen any new music videos yet - maybe when Sony BMG come on board whenever that will be....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.