Is Itunes US Store down?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by APPLE-FANATIC, Sep 6, 2012.

1. APPLE-FANATIC macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Having trouble accessing the home screen in iTunes, error: The Item You are requesting is not available in the U.S. Store. This is weird because this happens when I click the home button at the top within iTunes. Just curious if anyone else was having this problem on their MAC:confused:

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It appears to be. This happens on occasion when they perform maintenance or updates on their end. I was in the Store about 30 minutes ago and it was working fine. Just tried it again now and it's not.

[​IMG]

3. APPLE-FANATIC thread starter macrumors 6502a

APPLE-FANATIC

Yep, thats the same exact message I am getting Glad its not just me!

Thank you :)

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

All the topical headers work except for the Home button and the Apps button.

5. Rob2506 macrumors newbie

Yep, im getting the same message for the uk store. However, I don't know if this has anything to do with it but the iTunes and App store on iOS 6 have both changed within the last couple of hours.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Before the site went down, I got some updates for iOS apps, including an updated Apple Store app - could be related.

7. parkds macrumors regular

Posted this in the other thread but I looked around before most of the store went down. The Home page had wide "featured" buttons instead of square and each category (i.e. "New Music") only took up one row instead of two.

8. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Seems to be back up for me. I don't notice anything sticking out that has changed.

[​IMG]

9. cvaldes macrumors 68040

In an earlier thread that you locked, the original poster included a screen grab of some changes:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1435335

It appears that Apple is playing around with the store, most likely some changes for iOS 6 and the next iPhone.

10. parkds macrumors regular

I think they made everything wider or not as tall (i.e. the cycling box at the top) so that more store content is displayed without scrolling.

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

If you're talking to me, I didn't lock it, a moderator did.

But I think you're right, Apple may be looking at a redesign of sorts based on the screen shot in the other thread. Conceivably, it could be in preparation for iOS 6 as you said.

12. snberk103 macrumors 603

I don't spend enough time in the store to tell if anything is different, but the Canadian store just loaded for me (earlier it was not loading).... eh....