Is iWeb Supposed To Be 550MB?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by leerkeller, Aug 31, 2013.

1. leerkeller, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

leerkeller macrumors member

Just to kill some time I was doing some exploring of applications I don't normally use. While examining iWeb I noticed it took up 550MB, which seems really excessive, even by Apple Application standards. It takes up as much space as iPhoto and Garageband combined. Something doesn't seem right about that. Is there some sort of cache that is stored in the application package contents? I haven't used iWeb since I bought my iMac, so that leads me to believe the bloated file size is the application itself. Is there anything I can delete to cut down the file size, or should I just delete the entire program? That leads me to one final question, is there any other purpose that iWeb serves and that would cause trouble upon it's deletion?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...it's large for a couple reasons - all the templates that are part of the app package, and the universal ppc/x86 code. Getting rid of the ppc code cuts it down a lot if you have one of the apps that does that, and there's nothing I'm aware of that relies on the iWeb stuff so if you don't use it and don't plan on using it, get rid of it (always a good idea to keep a backup just in case....)....oh yeah!

3. antonis macrumors 68000

antonis

Yes, if you don't use it just delete it. If you do, better start switching to something else. iWeb is a discontinued app.

4. Nermal, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

GarageBand.app is 243 MB, but there are about 1.5 GB of "loops" in the Library folder. My iWeb.app version 3.0.4 is only 305 MB though :confused: