Is Izymail free to use with Hotmail?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by domcole, Jul 28, 2008.

1. domcole macrumors regular

Hi,

I need to access my Hotmail email and can't get on to Hotmail.co.uk for some reason.

I went onto Izymail (sp) and I'm sure it said somewhere about cost.

Is Izymail free to use?

Are there any other alternatives to get my Hotmail email on my iPhone?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. bassy macrumors newbie

Hey, no it isnt free, there is a charge i cant remember what! maybe $20 a year!? ish
    cheers

3. jake36wi41 macrumors member

What's not free about it? It's free to register, then you just follow the steps here: http://v3.izymail.com/iPhoneSettings.aspx

I've been using it and as far as i can tell it's completely free. Didn't have to enter in any CC info or anything...

4. jake36wi41 macrumors member

Just wanted to make sure I can get someone to back me on this one before the original poster goes and does it and gets charged. The free thing makes sense to everyone else right??

5. HeavenDivine macrumors member

It is free for the first 30 emails recieved ONLY. After that, you must subscribe.

6. yode macrumors 6502

Yea, it is basically a trial first, and then they make you pay. NOT WORTH IT. Although I do not know of any other way to forward emails from hotmail to gmail. If anyone has a *FREE* way please post, Thanks

7. jake36wi41 macrumors member

interesting, i've definitely gotten more than 30 emails with it...

8. slicecom macrumors 68020

No, it's not free. It is a great service, but when my trial was up, I decided to just ditch hotmail for gmail since IMAP gmail is better and free. I transfered over all my hotmail messages to gmail and I'm now 100% hotmail free for the first time in over a decade and LOVING it! :D

9. yode macrumors 6502

it may be 30 days or something

10. yode macrumors 6502

how did you transfer, if you dont mind me asking

11. slicecom macrumors 68020

I had my hotmail accounts since like 1997 and for a period of time, they allowed free access to your email through outlook. They started charging for this feature a couple years back, but anyone who had accessed hotmail through outlook before they started charging for it, continued to get that access for free.

So, I simply set up my gmail as imap in outlook and dragged all my emails from hotmail into the gmail inbox. ;)

12. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I have read before that the free hotmail doesn't offer forwarding. But what about pop? Does it offer that? If so you can simply have your new email service fetch your emails from hotmail.

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i know it costs money, but you should really consider MobileMe

the things you can do with it are simply amazing

14. domcole thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

I'm glad someone mentioned MobileMe actually.

I was thinking of getting it however I currently have a Windows PC and my iPhone so I'm not sure if it's worth it/compatible etc. Could someone help me on this?

I've also heard that there have been numerous problems with the MobileMe service and that is still on going? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    It was on BBC World News today! Having said that I only glanced at it, not sure if it was on because of the problems and what not.