Is Jailbreaking 4.3.1 really so hard??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmythehill, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jimmythehill macrumors member

After some deliberation, and been on 4.0.1 for sometime, I decided to update and re-jailbreak 4.3.1 yesterday...
    The only problems I encounted was putting my iphone in DFU mode...which took 3 attempts.
    Apar from that...everything is hunky-dory...
    But if the posts I have been reading on here are anything to go by...there are many people who are struggling...

2. Teeko macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you have all the system requirements (Windows) then you're fine. If you can't do it still, then you're a retard. After a while every apple product besides the iPhone 4 starts to have isssues with the sleep button, in which case you're not a retard.

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

It's quite easy actually however I did notice a slight issue when using the PC version of redsn0w. I did mine on my mac and it went through flawlessly. When I did a friends jailbreak using the Windows version, I had to put the phone in DFU three times as well before the process finished completely.

4. TJone macrumors 6502a

After reading all the issues people still seem to be having I am sticking with 4.2.1 which has been extremely stable for me. I don't want to upgrade my BB since I have 1.59.00 and will be traveling to Europe later this year. It sounds like the signal bar issue with 1.59.00 has been fixed but at the expense of MMS and VVM. It also sounds like people are reporting some extra lag with applications and duplication of folders. If all this gets sorted with the 4.3.1 and 1.59.00 JB I will upgrade.

5. lxylxy748 macrumors member

lxylxy748

ya, I got the same issue.

6. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

Jailbreaking has always been easy if you can follow instructions and read about incompatibilities and do your research before you install. The hackers did all the hard work.

7. Snowman3459 macrumors 6502a

I jailbroke it on the first try. Wasn't hard at all.

8. LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

Took me about 10 minutes and one try to successfully jailbreak it. :)

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There are people who need to preserve their bb; that takes a little more effort. Also, when someone doesn't keep up on jb, they try to use blackrain or something else that doesn't work. I remember someone posted they used jailbreakme.com on 4.1 and they were wondering why it didn't work. :D