Is Jailbreaking about to become EVEN HARDER (or downright impossible)?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dr. Freeman, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Dr. Freeman macrumors member

Dr. Freeman

2. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

If it did I would probably switch back to Android and root cause I love the theming aspect of jail breaking.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt it.
    Jb always becomes harder with every new hardware and iOS update.
    But that doesn't mean it will be impossible.

4. ntegra macrumors regular

If it becomes impossible I might have to go back to the cinder block sized phones with a 12 inch pull out antenna. Will be installing rotary phones in every room of the house as well.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If Apple continues to lockdown iOS and OS X going forward I can see my wife and I going back to Windows Mobile - assuming it's still around at that point.

WinMo is customizable and you're still secure.

Won't be leaving PowerPC Mac any time soon either.

6. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Jailbreaking gets more difficult and difficult as time goes on...

Yet it doesn't because the more difficult it is to hack often is related to how much new stuff is added to the new versions. And the more new stuff, the higher the chance for an exploit to be discovered. In order for there to be no exploits, Apple needs to thoroughly test the system and attempt to hack it until all main exploits are found and patched. Which is pointless to do because Apple has other things to work on and besides when someone does discover an exploit they just patch it in the next iOS update. No big deal for them.

7. Rekan_ macrumors member

Rekan_

Jailbreaking will never become impossible, its impossible for it to be impossible.

Good luck if you think Windows phone's are secure, just as secure as Windows 10, definitely no spying.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Nothing is ever 100% secure. And WinMo is by no means as secure as iOS.

But if my choice is Android or WinMo and both are equally unsecure I am going to choose WinMo over Android because I do not care for Android.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I don't know man. I'd rather pick stock iOS than winmo:D

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well. I would too. But if Apple gets to a point where every iPhone or copy of OS X they sell can't be customized beyond the basics and can't be jailbroken or hacked to allow it to be personal then for me it's time to move on.

That hasn't happened yet but El Capitan is heading in that direction.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    I use Windows 7 still for my computer needs:)
    I doubt iPhone jb scene will ever end though. Nothing is unhackable.

12. adonis3k macrumors 6502

Future jailbreak/ers will probably reported straight to Apple for big wonga! $£$£$£$£

13. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

So because of this jailbreaking thing being harder and the lockdown of iOS by Apple you are going to jump ship to a dead horse that is Windows Phone (As much as i like the Lumia range and the Windows Phone 10 Mobile os), it's dead. When you sign onto Apple's phone and create the account, when you use an Apple product, you agree to use it the way it is. Hacking to jailbreak does pose a risk and if we do that, it's our risk, but locking down a product for security reasons is important for all of us to ensure the product is secure and no hackers can get to our data!

it's up to you but it's really weird to read that you will jump ship because of Apple securing their iOS...

But anyway... :)

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

A few points…

• Security: Important to me. But not as important as customization. I spend 2.5 to 3.5 years with my phones. I want to like and enjoy the phone that is going to be in my hands for that length of time. If Apple makes the OS homogenous so that UI issues are no longer a customer support issue because everyone's phone looks the same then I have no avenue of customization.

On the OS X side, they are already starting to do this. El Capitan has a security feature that locks down system files. Great to prevent hacking, not so great if you want to have your Mac's desktop look different than anyone else's.

I'm already using Leopard 10.5.8 on two PowerPC Macs (I only have one ONE Intel MBP). And Snow Leopard on my MBP improves on that. I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at, especially since I work in Yosemite all day on an MP at work and I hate the OS!

• Windows Mobile. I came to iOS from WinMo. I'm used to it, I know how to work in it and Microsoft will still let you customize it. Believe it or not, outside of MacRumors there are at least two other large forums that deal with customizing Windows and Android. It may be a dead OS to you (and I won't argue it's market share) but the key point here for me is that it's NOT Android. WinMo also has Cortana, something I've replaced SIRI with on my iPhone.

• Android. I hate it. Don't want it. Won't move to it.

Other than WinMo or Android, I don't see another OS out there. I'm certainly not a Blackberry type person.

15. jonnysods macrumors 601

jonnysods

Apple have always tried to make jail breaking hard. There is always a vulnerability to each iOS. Hope there is one for iOS10!!