Is jailbreaking ipod touch safe and what does it do

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IpodTouch8GB3G, Dec 14, 2009.

1. IpodTouch8GB3G macrumors newbie

Hi i have a few questions how can i jailbreak my ipodtouch 8GB 3G and is it safe and what does jailbreaking change from none jailbreaking ipod touch's i will hope for replys thank you all. :)

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Jailbreaking is safe, unless you install some unnecessary junk on it, then you'll just lose memory. The basic capabilities you can do with jailbreaking is customizations and 3rd party apps. You shouldn't damage your iPod Touch during the process since you are only double-clicking a program. The program will run itself and you will reek the benefits from it.

The only downfall to jailbreaking on a 3g is the jailbreaking program is tethered, meaning if you turn off your device, you will need to run blackra1n again. So, avoid turning it off or letting your battery run out. But if you don't mind taking 30seconds (or less) out of your life to rejailbreak it, then no biggie.

3. IpodTouch8GB3G thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thank you but how can i jailbreak my ipod touch do i need to download anythink or what realy not shore

i downloaded blackra1n on my ipod i just need to find my internet sheet to jailbreak it or go to mcdonalds and do it if i cant find my sheet

4. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Ah, go to blackra1n.com and download the file. Once you get the file, just double-click it. It should run itself, you then install cydia.

5. IpodTouch8GB3G thread starter macrumors newbie

i have got it on my ipodtouch but i need internet to download cydia

6. IpodTouch8GB3G thread starter macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking

i have tried to jailbreak my ipod not twise and both times its gone in restore mode why is that

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Since you have a 3g touch, it's going to be a tethered jailbreak. Just ignore iTunes when it tells you your ipod needs to be restored and run blackra1n again.

8. IpodTouch8GB3G thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok ill try it ust 1 more timebut f it dont work then im stuffng it ok