Is Jailbreaking Worth it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jw nyc, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

If I don't care about customizing the icons and home screen, is Jailbreaking worth it? Are there any killer apps that are a must have on the Cydia market? The one thing I liked when I jailbroke my iPhone 3G was the quick reply sms option and backgrounder. Is there anything new that makes jailbreaking really worth it and does it affect the stability and speed of the OS? Thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There are many of these threads on here already. Use MRoogle to search for them, don't use the built in search in the top right (its not very good).

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Definitely try MRoogle, you will find a lot. With that said, not considering theming the following apps are why I jailbrake.

- SBSettings (This app was the original reason I jailbroke. I hated going into settings to turn off Wifi, etc. that much.)
    - BiteSMS
    - My3G
    - MyWi
    - FolderEnhancer
    - MultiIconMover
    - SwitcherPlus
    - Remove Recents

Once you Jailbreak you will then find other must have apps to help you manage your jailbreak, they are not a reason to jailbreak themselves but are priceless once jailbroken.

- iFile
    - PkgBackup
    - Mobile Terminal
    - etc....

Good luck.

4. neotope macrumors regular

The only killer app that I use is LockInfo. Most of the other apps I could live without. When I initially got LockInfo I used the trial and after it expired I did not renew it for a couple hours and at that point I realized how much I already relied on it.

5. WesCole macrumors 6502a

Lock Info, BiteSMS, and SBSettings, just to name a few. There are so many other apps and tweaks that are useful, too, but those are my main three.

6. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

LockInfo with LockWeather Plug in...is THE reason my iPhone is productive before entering the home screen. Having this information on the outside of the phone makes a glance worth as much as entering 4-5 different apps would be.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I believe we actually had a thread not too long ago with this exact same title!

Yes, JBing is worth it. Customizing is the least thing I care about. Having the ability to use MyWi for tethering and do all the operations that should already be included on the iPhone (for example, deleting recents singly in phone list) are just some of the reasons to be jailbroke.

8. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

You can't just click through the million threads here and see?

9. jmcn72 macrumors newbie

YES!! BiteSMS blows away the native SMS app. MyWi is a sweet addition too for creating a mobile hotspot.

10. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Bitesms, sbsettings, my3g, and mywi make it worth it.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.