Is "jigsaw 24" legit?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rcbcfc, Jul 12, 2015.

1. rcbcfc macrumors newbie

They are selling 1.3Ghz 512GB MacBooks for £1,171, which is around £250 below the list price. It says that they are an authorised reseller but does anyone have prior experience? Thanks!

2. kapawozniak macrumors newbie

Check if you're not looking at a price without VAT added. Unless you're buying for a company/business, you will have to pay full VAT. I also wanted to buy from them before I realised the tax thing. But according to the Internet - legit.

3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

15-20 years ago Jigsaw were one of the biggest Apple resellers in the UK. Same company.

4. BaggieBoy macrumors 6502

BaggieBoy

Their headline prices are excluding VAT, that model is £1,405.20 including VAT, so not so cheap after all.

5. theluggage macrumors 68030

Perfectly reputable - have been using them for years. They fixed the GPU my 17" 2011 MacBook Pro a few months ago for free, under the apple whatevergate scheme.

However, they do quote their headline prices without VAT - and you won't see significant discounts on new Macs (as with any approved Apple dealer).

They do, however, carry stock, and so they often have good deals on "last year's model" (obviously not relevant to rMB).