Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Probably not as it hasn't come to any console besides sony consoles. Looks like Sony and namco have an exclusive deal. Although I'm sure we'll see something like it sooner or later.

bojado71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Probably not as it hasn't come to any console besides sony consoles. Looks like Sony and namco have an exclusive deal. Although I'm sure we'll see something like it sooner or later.

Actually it came out for the XBOX 360 last year

AiralynRose

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
if it does, i will be the first person to buy it. maybe namco has some suggestion/request feature on their website... if enough people ask for it they might do it!!

in the meantime, De Blob is a fun alternative. You are a blob of paint and have to roll around painting buildings and such. Different concept but similar gameplay i guess.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Katamari is mainly a PS Exclusive, but Sony and Apple are pretty buddy'ed up, so its possible.

bojado71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Katamari is mainly a PS Exclusive, but Sony and Apple are pretty buddy'ed up, so its possible.

I really would not be surprised if they do make an app since it is so right for the iPhone controls.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008

How could it be MAINLY an EXCLUSIVE, the word exclusive means literally only them. In this case:

shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.

Jesus, when you have nothing to say don't say it. They are NOT exclusive, katamari is on multiple platforms...

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
How could it be MAINLY an EXCLUSIVE, the word exclusive means literally only them. In this case:

shutting out all others from a part or share: an exclusive right to film the novel.

Jesus, when you have nothing to say don't say it. They are NOT exclusive, katamari is on multiple platforms...

More than 50% of the katamari games are PS exclusive, so the series is mainly exclusive.

Just like Ridge Racer, Metal Gear, GTA...

bojado71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
More than 50% of the katamari games are PS exclusive, so the series is mainly exclusive.

Just like Ridge Racer, Metal Gear, GTA...

I think they are not coming out with new versions for Sony so an apple app would make sense.

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Im Pretty sure a Katamari game is in the works for PSP and PS3 atm, and ofcourse, Ridge Racer 8 for PS3, Kojima is already brainstorming MGS5, and More GTA's on PS3 and 360 are inevitable.

bojado71

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Im Pretty sure a Katamari game is in the works for PSP and PS3 atm, and ofcourse, Ridge Racer 8 for PS3, Kojima is already brainstorming MGS5, and More GTA's on PS3 and 360 are inevitable.

I think a small app would lead to more publicity for console versions as it would be sure to be addictive.

zhaden

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2008
Kojima is brainstorming mgs5? link or it didn't happen -- given how much hype Hideo put out about this being the last one, and all... and I'm a fanboy so I'd like to know if this is true ;)

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
Kojima is brainstorming mgs5? link or it didn't happen -- given how much hype Hideo put out about this being the last one, and all... and I'm a fanboy so I'd like to know if this is true ;)

No Link, but im pretty sure i read it in this months Official PS Mag.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.