Is keeping the ipod touch 2g in the speaker dock for a time ok?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by amycishere, Jan 17, 2009.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

Hello, is it ok for me to keep the ipod in the speaker system like for a period of 2-3 days after the battery is fully charged? I love listening to my music on it in my room. I was told by someone at the Apple store when my original ipod touch 2g was deemed defective that the reason was m speaker docking system must have "zapped it or killed it" even though I had the speaker system for a very short time. (some of you may remember the story and thank you for being so helpful )At that point, I had barely ever used the docking system at all. And this system is fully capable to charge and work with the 2g.

Being physically disabled I really like this speaker system alot. The size of it is very easy for me to move. But docking it for me is always a little bit of a hassle. I bring down the system to the carpet floor, dock it, then place on a low shelf. I want my unit to last a long time and want to do what is best for it. I have to do the same when undocking. So do I need to take it off the docking system all the time or can I leave it there for awhile?

Thank you. Amy

2. jobsfnby macrumors regular

as far as i know you should be able ot keep it in the docking station for as long as u want...it shouldn't hurt the ipod at all...as long as it comes out like once every couple of days it should be good

im just guessing but i would think apple would've thought of this before and i'm sure they made it possible to leave it there for long periods of time

hope this helps