Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
ram is ram, theres nothing special about what apple puts in theirs.

provided you looked up the specs correctly then it will work.

is there some reason why you think you need 12 gigs? why not just try it stock first?

do you have to shop at futureshop?

codefuns

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
ram is ram, theres nothing special about what apple puts in theirs.

provided you looked up the specs correctly then it will work.

is there some reason why you think you need 12 gigs? why not just try it stock first?

do you have to shop at futureshop?

The memory I showed has a low customer review score because it will hang at boot time for somebody. So I am not quite sure about it.
I will mainly use the Mac for programming and game. Large memory means low hard disk access and fast speed, it is necessary for me. Maybe 4gb is enough now, but I still have chance to meet problem later. If I must do it, I'd rather do it early.
Is there any other reliable choice instead of futureshop or bestbuy in QC? Thanks for your advice.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
Is there any other reliable choice instead of futureshop or bestbuy in QC? Thanks for your advice.

You can order from NCIX (mail order). Decent return service. Canadian too.

However, I'm sure there are local computer stores in QC too that can service you well.

Gunner86

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2011
I second ncix.com, they have extremely good customer service and ship really fast, i just bought 2x4gb for my imac from them and it works like a champ, i did however order 1066 memory instead of 1333 but the speed difference is not noticable, all it did was underclock the factory imac memory to 1066 speeds...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.