Is Limited Warranty Eligible for Free Check-Ups?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joanne781, Dec 11, 2009.

1. joanne781 macrumors newbie

My Macbook is still under the 1 year limited warranty and so I'm wondering if I can get the store to have a look at it for free? Or are there still charges?

2. Cboss macrumors 6502

Yes, you can. They'll even look at it after your warranty is over. They just won't cover any repair costs after that point.

Feel free to ask about any problems you're having here as well.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Technically, they will charge you. However, I don't think they would actually go ahead and do it.

The Apple Geniuses are there to check for in-warranty repairs and trouble-shooting. If you take your machine in to an Apple store knowing that it doesn't have any hardware problems, then it's not a warranty servicing. You're asking for additional services.

In fact, if you were to take the machine into Apple for a problem, and they couldn't find your the problem that you speak of, they could technically charge you. Of course, Apple are quite reasonable in this regard, and (very) likely wouldn't charge you if an intermittent problem (say, screen flickering) wasn't observed in the 10-15 minutes they looked at your machine, and their diagnostic software turned up nothing.

However, for what you're asking for, they may tell you that there's a charge, and to be perfectly honest, I wouldn't blame them. :eek:

4. joanne781 thread starter macrumors newbie