Is Lion right for me?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Hatchet, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

I've been hesitant about upgrading to Lion since it's release but now with MobileMe coming down to it's final days, I'd really like the sync ability that comes with iCloud. However, before I make the jump, my issues are:

* I'm a designer and am currently running Adobe Creative Suite CS3..Does anyone know if it's compatible with Lion? If not, that's a hefty price to pay in addition to the $29 upgrade. I use it everyday.

* If I do upgrade, how seamless is it of a transition? Do I need to reactivate all my licenses for all of my programs?

* What has been your experience with running Lion? Do the pros outweigh the cons? Should I just wait until the next major release?

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks.

2. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

from what i heard, lion is a great OS.
    BUT

Mountain Lion is coming out soon.... :rolleyes:

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Any reason why you can't sign up for the Creative Cloud and CS6? It's a great update and has lots of features you might want as a designer. I'm loving it on Lion myself. CS3 has PowerPC code in it, and Lion doesn't like that and displays errors. See here: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html

If you're on Snow Leopard, I would wait it out until Mountain Lion. Otherwise you'll be paying double for an OS you'd have for only two weeks. A clean wipe would be your only choice and you would have to reactivate everything, but it's worth it for not paying for Lion aswell.

Lion is good, but Mountain Lion is better and fixes a lot of the weird issues in Lion.

4. throAU macrumors 601

throAU

I've done a couple of lion upgrades that were seamless.

With 10.7.4 it isn't so slow any more either.

Mountain Lion may be out soon, but you'll need Lion to ugprade to it now doubt, so you may as well go to lion first.

nothing to say there won't be teething issues with ML initially anyway.