Is lion worth it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pmtm2, Feb 24, 2012.

1. pmtm2 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I just got a new I phone 4 I want to use the photo stream option but the only way I have found to do it is to upgrade from snow leopard to loin I really like leopard and don't want to upgrade yet do is icould worth upgrading for

2. WRP macrumors 6502a

3. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

If you want to use Photo Stream that's your only option.

Model/Specs of your Mac would assist further.

4. pmtm2 thread starter macrumors member

it is not the money its more a bug issue i have heard and seen that lion is not perfect yet not saying leopard is but leopard is stable for the most part

5. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

I've had zero problems with Lion and so have others. If you do go the Lion route, I'd do a clean install after backing up your stuff. I've never had good luck upgrading from one OS to the next.

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I didn't find it too buggy when it was first released. Now we are 3 point updates in I have no problems whatsoever.

I would say its safe to use.

7. WRP macrumors 6502a

It's not buggy. You only hear about the people who bitch and complain. You never hear about the majority of people who love it. Quit taking a tiny percentage of people with a very specific problem (usually a non-issue) as a OMFG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE situation.

I have 4 machines, all with completely different setups, portable and desktops, connected wireless and not, accessing shared storage, accessing RAIDs, using RAID cards, using capture cards with breakout boxes, etc with exactly zero additional issues I had before updating.

harden up.

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

I've had Lion since it's release. Never had any problems at all. And, as pointed out in another post, the three point upgrades will have resolved most problems others apparently experienced. I've never had any any of the problems others have reported.:D

9. jwm2 macrumors regular

No problems here as well. If happy customers started as many threads about their jubilation as unhappy customers do about their complaints you might have a better idea of how stable it really is. But the only ones who post are the ones who have issues and thus folks like yourself think its risky to update.

10. Ifti macrumors 68000

I've had no issues whatsoever - and I updated on the day it was released.

11. rien333 macrumors regular

I think Lion is well worth its price and not buggy at all.

12. MSlaw macrumors regular

To the OP, it would really help if you told us what mac you have.

13. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I'm still on Snow Leopard. At this point I will wait until Mountain Lion to upgrade - at least until after the first update ;)

14. nissan.gtp macrumors 6502

No problems here on either Mac. There is a bit of adjustment required, but that's the price of progress. Natural scrolling is awesome. When I got Lion, I thought it would be hard to get used to, but now it really seems like the "right way", esp with the Magic Trackpad. At work, using W7 and a regular mouse really messes me up -- scrolling is backwards. :p

15. paduck macrumors 6502

Quicken is one of my primary applications, so I've been waiting on Lion until Intuit releases a full version that works. Otherwise I would have already upgraded.

16. JonnyBlaze macrumors regular

I only recently upgraded to lion on my white macbook ( from 2008 2.4 2GB) and it works like a dream. Upgrading was easy, I didn't do a fresh install. And my MacBook is noticeably more responsive now too, doesn't take so long or hang when opening apps etc.

17. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I like Lion for the things Apple doesn't talk about. For example, the voice packs in the Speech preferences. They are not all downloaded by default. I like the Samantha and Serena voices. The only Mac OS X upgrade I didn't like was Cheetah. But with every upgrade, I got it on day 1 with bugs and all. Lion was one of the better upgrades for me.