Is Lockinfo a big hit to your battery life?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobright, Aug 13, 2010.

1. bobright macrumors 601

im thinking of getting it, but not if its going to be draining my battery really bad. is it that bad? hardly noticeable??

2. supervelous macrumors 6502

I think it's probably hardly noticeable. Because I have had it running on my device with twitter feed, weather updating, multiple RSS feeds etc overnight with only 1% or so battery loss when I wake up.

Of course if you always are looking at it, it will drain your battery as a result of the screen being on more.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This is probably the biggest thing. That screen is the biggest battery hog I've ever seen. I can be SSH'd into it, finding and grepping the whole file system, and the battery barely moves. If I mess around with something with the screen on for any extended time, the battery nose dives (nothing out of the ordinary but still noticeably faster)

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Haven't noticed a difference in battery life. I'll go to bed at 100% or 95 or 90 and wake up with it still being at 100%, 95, or 90. During the day, I haven't noticed my battery dropping any faster compared to before it was installed. Only reason mine will drop faster is because I keep fiddling and playing with the phone.

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

This is probably true. I'm fiddling with my phone CONSTANTLY after JBing. There's just so much more to do now.

7. AtlasWept macrumors newbie

AtlasWept

Sorry for the off-topic posting...

Is your twitter feed working on Lockinfo? If so, are you using an iP4 or an earlier model? I can't get mine to function at all....

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I had problems getting it to work initially. At first, when I put in my username and password for Twitter, it would just display a white screen. I flipped the switch to "off", flipped it back on and tried again.

After that it actually popped up the "Are you sure you want to authorize this app access to your feed?"

9. dels macrumors member

No noticeable effect for me.

Winterboard on the other hand would drain my battery out while the phone was asleep.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Yeah, I didnt even bother installing it with this current jailbreak after trying it on my 3G. Battery life > themes for me.