is Logitech Control Center bloated?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by btownguy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502

I have a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse and it is great with my Mac. Out of the box, it "just works" to about 95% of what I need. The button on top initiates Expose which is what I want. The "back" button initiates dashboard. I would rather have the back button be, well, back, and the forward button initiate dashboard. To do this I think I need to install the Logitech software - Logitech Control Center.

So, my question, is it worth it? I'm kind of a minimalist and prefer to not put software on my computer unless it is absolutely necessary. If the LCC is considered bloat (or even halfway bloat) it won't be worth it to me.

So is it?

2. G4-power macrumors 6502

G4-power

Earlier versions were awfully buggy (logitech is more of a hardware than software company), and it took ages for Logitech to release the Snow Leopard compatible version, but now since it's out, it's kinda useful.

LCC is quite well out of the way, you make some settings, and never worry about them again. With a wireless mouse you just need to check your battery status now and then.

The Back button can be useful, so I suggest installing LCC. I hate bloatware as well, but I wouldn't consider this tool to be in that category.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I have the Anywhere Mouse MX and use the LCC with no problems at all.

4. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango