Is Logitech MX Revolution Mouse the best for non-gamers?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by philosopherdog, Aug 30, 2010.

1. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

I'm thinking about getting the Logitech MX Revolution as an external mouse. I'm using it as a non-gamer. I've heard it's an ingenious mouse. Is there another mouse I should be considering instead?

2. philosopherdog thread starter macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

Oops I meant Performance not Revolution

Sorry about that I mean the MX Performance Mouse

3. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

I bought two of these mice (Performance MX), one for my PowerBook at home and one for my HP work laptop. I've had no problems with them at all.

Admittedly they are a little on the pricey side, but they fit my hand just right and have a nice heavy feel which I prefer. Personally they are worth the price and way better than Apple's own mice.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I sold my two revolution mice and replaced them with two performance mice. No regrets at all. The performance MX is IMO, the best logitech mouse ever made.

5. Jaffaman27 macrumors member

I suggest trying Logitech MX 1100 mouse.
    There is also 1100R model with the ability to charge the mouse via usb.
    The R model is officially only Win-mouse, but works just fine with USB-overdrive.

Anyway, the MX 1100 fits perfectly to my hand and the hidden thumb button is so good for expose or something you use regularly.
    I've tried Performance MX as well, but I have to say that 1100 beats it IMO.

At least take a look... I suggest it highly. It should be a bit cheaper also.