Is Mac OS best for music making?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by galaksy, Aug 28, 2014.

1. galaksy macrumors 6502

I heard that Mac is best for movie editing, because of Final Cut Pro (I heard Avid for Windows has a big learning curve).

What about for music recording and editing?

2. TechZeke macrumors 68020

TechZeke

My father prefers to use Apple Logic for making music(He's a musician), so I'd say so.

-Zeke

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

Unless you are running software specific to OS X or to Windows, neither has a clear advantage, and it comes down to personal preference.

4. galaksy thread starter macrumors 6502

What would be a good windows recording software?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Sony Acid, MuTools MuLab and Pro Tools are some of them. I'm sure there are more.

6. techn9ne macrumors member

As with most anything, best equals what's best for you. Not everyone agrees that FCP is the best video editing program - a lot of people prefer Adobe Premiere or Avid. When it comes to music, yes - a lot of people DO use Apple, but it all depends on your comfort level and what you're used to and what your purpose it. OS/apps/programs are all tools to help you, it just depends on what is easy to you.

7. Ardmanz macrumors regular

I've used both pro-tools and ableton live in windows and OSX environments. It's much of a muchness really.

If you already own a windows machine, use that. If you already own a mac, use that.

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

It doesn't matter about the OS. Only DAW (or other) software you're planning on using. If that software only works on OS X, then the answer is yes. If not, then it doesn't matter.