Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I have a mid-2011 27” iMac, Intel Quad Core i5 3,10 Ghz and 32 GB of RAM.

The original RAM was 4 GB. I paid it 1600 € new.

I entered those informations (without the upgraded RAM) on Mac2Sell and it told me my Mac was still worth nearly 1400 €.
I then entered the upgraded RAM and it told me the computer is worth over 2000 €. Actually this Mac cost that price with 4 GB of RAM when it was new back then, but I received it for 400 less.

So this is meaning that with the upgraded RAM my Mac is worth the same it did when it was new, without the RAM upgrade.

The thing is, I bought my RAM from Crucial for 150 € or so. I highly doubt I can sell it for 2000. It probably thinks it’s Apple RAM, which is basically no different except the price…

What of that is realistic? Is 1400 realistic, without the RAM upgrade? What would be realistic with the upgrade?

It also received a new graphics card half a year ago. I guess that’s a good thing somehow because it’s a model that tends to become very hot, so right now it’s like on day 1 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.