Is MacBook Air 2011 compatible with first generation displayport-to-DVI/VGA adapter?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by timidhermit, Dec 19, 2011.

1. timidhermit macrumors regular

I have a MacBook Air 2011. I like to know if the thunderbolt port is compatible with the 2009 first generation displayport-to-DVI and displayport-to-VGA adapters that Apple sold back in 2009 with the first generation MacBook Air?

Does anyone know if the current adapters are of the same generation (same make, same model) as those being sold back then?

2. KylePowers, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

If it's not mini displayport, it's not going to fit into the MBA. Never had/seen a regular displayport-to-dvi adapter myself though, aside from just having searched it on monoprice. Looks USB-sized

Regular mini displayport adapters work just fine though, if that's what you're asking. I have a cheap HDMI one that works flawlessly.

3. LordVic macrumors 601

yes.

Thunderbolt port on the macbook air also carries standard display port signal. Al display port devices should work perfectly with it.

Just keep in mind if you ever daisy chain thunderbolt devices, The display port device has to be last in the chain

4. timidhermit thread starter macrumors regular

Has Apple changed the design of the mini-DisplayPort to DVI or DVD adapter over the years? Has the SKU been the same since it was first released for the first generation MacBook Air?