Is macbook air 2015 still worth it

Joker.89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2019
Is macbook air 2015 still worth it?

I will use it for browsing ,movies and make some presentations beside light photo editing and gaming on apple arcade.

sracer

macrumors G3
Apr 9, 2010
Prescott Valley, AZ

I will use it for browsing ,movies and make some presentations beside light photo editing and gaming on apple arcade.
I can't speak about Apple Arcade, but yes, for those other things on your list a 2015 MBA will be fine. Up until 6 months ago, I was using a 2014 11" MBA for all of that and more (video editing, audio encoding, virtual machines, etc.)

The things to be concerned about are the battery health, SSD health, and the price.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015

I have a MacBook Air 13 2015 8GB running virtual machines without any problem. That means using another full operating system on top of Catalina plus the program itself that runs the virtual operating system (VirtualBox). That machine is very powerful and cheap for the price.

Reactions: sracer

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
I just picked up a perfect condition 2015 i5/128GB/8GB with 18 cycles on the battery for $400 today.

This is a quick little machine that I picked up to use for web browsing and watching some videos on the go. I'm going to be running a few games on it to see the performance on it, especially after I already changed out the thermal paste on it. I also plan on doing a SSD upgrade since I bought the wrong adapter a year ago for our other MBP.