Is MacMall a good place to order from?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jessica08, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Jessica08 macrumors regular

Jessica08

We are buying my mom an IPP for Christmas. I was looking at MacMall since they are just a tad cheaper. Is this a good place to purchase from? Do they give you a hassle if you want to return the item? I'm assuming we can take the item to a local Apple Store if needed even if we didn't purchase directly from Apple. I've never ordered but from Apple so I didn't know how that worked.

Thanks!

2. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Macmall's been great to deal with. I used to buy my Macs from them before they started levying tax in my state.

No hassles returning stuff, although IMHO, the convenience of ordering from/returning to a local store outweighs the $10-20 difference in price from Macmall.

If you look around, you can find 10% coupons for Bestbuy that work on Apple products - saving you some $80 on the price of an iPad Pro.

Good luck!

3. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I have found them to be quite good. I bought a macbook pro and the ipad pro from them. Quick shipping, everything in order and no tax for me

4. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Are you sure they accept returns on apple equipment tho?? I had issues several years ago and they didn't accept returns on anything apple. Maybe different now, but still have their confusing wording that talks about warranty...which is what it stated when they refused to do anything about a used MacBook that should have been new. Had to go through my credit card to get my money back.

5. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

I haven't purchased from them in quite some time, but my impression is them to be solid.

6. dwrocket macrumors newbie

Would not spend a nickel there!! I preorder an iPad pro the day it was announced they were taking them. Delivery was to be 11/15-16. It has been pushed back three times now with expected delivery 12-7/8! Pre order whoowy! Nothing but excuses from them.

7. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Don't do it. They are an awful company. Tried working with them on issues and orders before and got nothing but hassel and snotty comments. Unless they have a sale, then they'll call you all the time to bug you for an order.

They are the used car salesteam for macs.