Is MacOfAllTrades a scam site?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by icalicokitties, May 5, 2014.

1. icalicokitties macrumors newbie

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

Not a scam at all. I've purchased several Mac Pros from them. Most were in excellent condition. I've had less luck with laptops. A couple purchases turned me off from buying used laptops at all.

The two machines you linked to are old and cheap. I wouldn't expect them to be in very good condition.

I would call and talk to them if you are serious about any particular machine. You will get better info that way.

3. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Pretty sure its not a scam -but as Thats All said - those are really old machines. Spending 200-300 on nearly decade-old (well, 7-8 year old) machines makes no sense, just get a cheap new windows laptop for not much more. It'll be a heck of a lot more reliable.

4. Jason maroon macrumors newbie

hey i would just want to say um i saw a macboo for 800 dollars and found a pro for 1000 and it had the same picture so i searched them up on youtube and the ports were diffrent if you could help me reply as soon as possible thank you!

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Produ...-12-11-E15SG&gclid=CPeYi5-y39QCFdq3wAod3-INsw

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Produ...-12-11-E16SG&gclid=CLXA3-mo39QCFdG4wAodiD8EEQ

5. McRumour macrumors member

Better not be a scam site...
    (it's not...did my research because...)
    Just sent them my pristine MBP for evaluation/purchase
    Now await their offer
    Then will judge if it's a fair site

6. DFTU101 macrumors member

I've sold multiple Mac computers to Mac of All Trades. No problem. They've been around for a while.