Is MacOfAllTrades a scam site?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by icalicokitties, May 5, 2014.

1. icalicokitties macrumors newbie

2. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

Not a scam at all. I've purchased several Mac Pros from them. Most were in excellent condition. I've had less luck with laptops. A couple purchases turned me off from buying used laptops at all.

The two machines you linked to are old and cheap. I wouldn't expect them to be in very good condition.

I would call and talk to them if you are serious about any particular machine. You will get better info that way.

3. jeremysteele macrumors 6502

Pretty sure its not a scam -but as Thats All said - those are really old machines. Spending 200-300 on nearly decade-old (well, 7-8 year old) machines makes no sense, just get a cheap new windows laptop for not much more. It'll be a heck of a lot more reliable.

4. Jason maroon macrumors newbie

hey i would just want to say um i saw a macboo for 800 dollars and found a pro for 1000 and it had the same picture so i searched them up on youtube and the ports were diffrent if you could help me reply as soon as possible thank you!

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Produ...-12-11-E15SG&gclid=CPeYi5-y39QCFdq3wAod3-INsw

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Produ...-12-11-E16SG&gclid=CLXA3-mo39QCFdG4wAodiD8EEQ

5. McRumour macrumors member

Better not be a scam site...
    (it's not...did my research because...)
    Just sent them my pristine MBP for evaluation/purchase
    Now await their offer
    Then will judge if it's a fair site

6. DFTU101 macrumors member

I've sold multiple Mac computers to Mac of All Trades. No problem. They've been around for a while.

7. EvanWhite86 macrumors newbie

Ordered a MacBook Pro 13” Mid-2012 from Macofalltrades on 05/27/18. 1) Unit ARRIVED on 06/01/18 with a defective LCD screen. Bright white spot in the center from the moment I powered it on. 2) The next day, before they even responded to my support ticket, the hard drive crashed.

If you do not buy the extended warranty, they will send you a broken laptop and charge you to send it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY!!!!

... luckily I paid with PayPal. Because I didn’t trust these scammers from the start. Forced to open a dispute.