Is magnetic Harmfull??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jcas, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Jcas macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been asked before, am new to iphones and getting a flip style case, but can't decide if magnetic closure or other closure, i am looking at the Piel Frama,

Does the magnetic closure type interfere with the phone working??? my common sense would tell me if it did the manufacturers wouldn't make it, but personally i cringe at the idea of magnet near mobile phone or computer.

Thanks in advance .

2. troop231 macrumors 603

No, it will not effect it at all.

3. random person macrumors 6502a

I have the Piel Frama magnetic iMagnum case and no it does not affect the functioning of the phone at all - no impact on signal, GPS, etc.

I love this case -- the quality of Piel Frama is second to none, and you will love it!!

4. Lostsol macrumors regular

No problems at all. I have a horizontal leather case/holster I bought on Amazon for 3 bucks with a magnetic clasp. I have a total of 5 cases and this is the one I use almost all the time. I was a little worried at first too but I researched it and now I've used it for weeks and no problems.

5. Jcas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for responses, i was debating between the iMagnum and the Classic flip, i like the look of the iMagnum but it tends to leave one full corner totally exposed,do you find this corner gets marked??

6. owmygulay macrumors member

I have two large magnets in the top of my tool box at work that I hang tools on and today I was very temped to try and hang my iphone from it. I wanted to see it it would stick to the metal band around the phone but then got scared to try it. Does anybody know what effect a magnet would have on the phone if it was placed right on it and not built into the case?

7. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

Generators

How about a generator?
    I am exposed to 1500 amp generators at work. I had a surveyor's compass permanently offset by the fields. Would the same happen to an iPhone?:confused:

8. Jcas thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm don't think i would be game to try either .. :)

9. iKathy macrumors newbie

I purchased a Piel Frama iMagnum case and the magnet closure did interfere with the compass. There was also a card enclosed with it (stuck in the card slot) that also said that it may affect credit cards as well which I thought was funny since the case is pictured on their website with a credit card in the slot. I have since returned the case even though it was a beautiful case and seemed to be very well made.