Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
So, a picture says a thousand words:

I did a quick Google search to check if there was any proof of this, I didn't see anything.

Yay?

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Considering EA *specifically* prohibited OnLive from allowing the game to be used for the Mac client when it was there in the beta ... that either means they don't want it on Mac or already have an agreement that prohibits their licensing of it to someone else where it might be played on the Mac.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I've seen that before, and I doubt that it means ME2 is coming to OS X – I'm betting it's there simply because they're using the same system as Dragon Age and didn't bother to change it.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
NO. period. it's all about business. Mass effect 2 will be ultimate game of the year for 2010. they will make ultimate edition which will include all DLC and goody stuff. but for mac version? NO. yeah it's typo. you mean if you run bootcamp, yes. here is a possible question. then you could ask like this. then why did Bioware finally announce mac version of dragon age / awakening few days ago? it's different. dragon age didn't make the whole bunch of money if you compare with ME 2. you know what something is unbelievable. ME 2 was sold more than 2 millions copy less than a week. it was crazy. again, even I said 'NO'. but it would be happened after ME 2 is long gone.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Is Dragon Age: Origins available for Mac? I checked Steam to see if they had a Mac version, but they didn't.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
it's a different story. but I can't help myself. new DLC is coming. September 7th! Lair of Shadow broker. it's bridged a gap between ME 2 and ME 3. Liara's frustration to fight against shadow broker who tried to sell Shepard dead body to collectors for a big deal. Liara tried to stop it. now, Shepard is alive, and hunts for shadow broker with Liara. you can also keep romance with liara continually if you made a relationship with her in ME1. it cost $10 or 800 bioware point or MS point. I am ready.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Wooohooo... native please, I don't mind the lesser performance I just hate the crashes and freezes that come along with cider -- I've had bad experiences with Eve Online.

skitzogreg

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Arkansas
Wooohooo... native please, I don't mind the lesser performance I just hate the crashes and freezes that come along with cider -- I've had bad experiences with Eve Online.

You lose soooo much performance though with native games on Mac. Look at Command and Conquer 3.

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
You lose soooo much performance though with native games on Mac. Look at Command and Conquer 3.
C&C3 used a Cider wrapper which we aren't considering as "native". Admittedly the term native isn't well defined although we basically mean not using Cider in the context of games nowadays.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY

It is apparently coming through Transgaming, meaning:
- Cider = by definition worse performance
- Probably DLC issues like Dragon Age meaning months of delays
- No Steam release.
- Paying twice for everything!

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
It is apparently coming through Transgaming, meaning:
- Cider = by definition worse performance
- Probably DLC issues like Dragon Age meaning months of delays
- No Steam release.
- Paying twice for everything!
Back to Boot Camp it is then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.