is MBP Applecare model specific?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lexlix, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lexlix macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a MBP along with Applecare, .Mac, and a Speck plastic cover. Deciding that I'd rather wait until the next update I canceled the order. The MBP was canceled but the applecare, iMac, and cover were already shipped so I was told I'd have to return them once I got them.

Now my dilemma is should I keep these 3 things in anticipation of the MBP I will buy once the update has been made?
    (issues that are clouding my judgment are:
    - what if the MBP's case is redesigned with this update making the Speck cover obsolete for me? unlikely but not out of the question;
    - will the applecare even cover a different model than the one that I purchased it with?
    - I know one shouldn't buy applecare until your first year is almost up and I was just being overly proactive. so should i keep it either way...
    - if i was returning everything else I'll just return the .Mac too? or keep it? )

Obviously my brain is all jumbled up. If an update announcement is made tomorrow, the decision will be quite easy but if not I need to decide ASAP because my return period ends feb 4th. So feel free to berate my poor decision making skills and give me your expert opinions. Thanks!

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Apple makes 2 different versions of Applecare for their laptops. One for the Macbook/Macbook Air/iBook and the other for the Macbook Pro/Powerbook. No matter what Macbook Pro you buy, now or an undated one, you should be able to use the Applecare you already purchased.