Is MBP worth buying?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zevertan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Zevertan, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014

Zevertan macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

I'm planing on buying a new rMBP 13" 128GB version in early September. My question is, is there possibly a new model comming out fairly soon or will it take a year for a new one? I'm going to use it a school computer and not going to play games or do video editing of any kind.

Thanks!

2. FnKev macrumors newbie

The new model is the new model. It just came out :)

3. Zevertan thread starter macrumors newbie

Well... it was a year ago and I heard some rumors of a new model comming this fall, just trying to see if that was true or not.

4. FnKev macrumors newbie

The latest revision came out a week ago. Are you talking about an entirely new model? If youre talking about a new model with new cpu, I would say that late spring of 2015 would be the soonest well see something. Its really just speculation at this point based on the new cpus being available.

5. thiagoah macrumors member

Regardless of when you purchase a MacBook, there will ALWAYS be a newer model. Forget about what's being released when, just purchase it based on whether you need it AT THE MOMENT...not in the future :)

6. hp79 macrumors newbie

I think now is a good time to buy because they just re-released the rMBP13 couple days ago. I'd go for the base version now that they have increased the RAM to 8GB default.

Apple products are generally good to buy as soon as they are released, and of course assuming you are in need of it.

I bought my rMBP13-Haswell last year as soon as they were released, but had to get the mid-tier because I needed 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. If I bought today, I'd probably go for the base model and try to live with 128GB SSD.

I've used Windows laptops in the past (Dell Latitude, Thinkpad X61T, X230T) and I really care about the screen and machine build quality. I am very satisfied with the build quality, screen resolution, and the touchpad of my mbp.

7. Zevertan thread starter macrumors newbie

I really didn't know about this, thanks a lot for telling me! Do you think the rMBP will still cost as much as before or are they going to bump the price? Like retailers and such.

8. Meister Suspended

Meister

try to get the 2013 model on a discount. Its almost the same as the 2014 model.

9. Zevertan thread starter macrumors newbie

It's $150 more but for double the RAM and a new processor, I can live with that.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

What he said. The "refreshed" models came out last week. Do you really think they would do another new model in a few months?

Not!

by the way, if you scroll down through postings from the last two days, the very same question has been asked multiple times

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

the price difference should be larger.

12. Zevertan thread starter macrumors newbie

Not in Sweden atleast =)

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sweden ... :(

14. Zevertan thread starter macrumors newbie

The thing is though, the model costs $1740. So it's not cheap...