Is MBPr SSD reliable? and Apple after sales service?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by damnman75, Apr 27, 2013.

1. damnman75 macrumors newbie

Our MBPr Laptop broke down 3 weeks ago due to fa ailling SSD.

Those 3 weeks correspond to the time to get an appointment with the french Paris Apple store Opera and getting the technical diagnosis.

The data on the SSD are lost (no possible access) and by the way the fan was defective.

In this case and owing to the supposed quality of the top end MBPr, we consider that the SSD failling and the lost of data after 6 month of proper working constitutes a prejudicable damage.

What is more the Apple france after sales services quality does not correspond to the one we are entitle to expect from Apple with the more expensive laptop all categories.

2. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Prejudicable? Apple honored their warranty. They provide an excellent backup tool which you neglected to make use of. Apple is at no fault here. They didn't even make the flash chips that failed- Samsung or Sandisk did.

3. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

4. tengtengvn macrumors member

tengtengvn

I had a brand name SSD die on me before. Can't really blame anyone. Bad luck I guess. :(

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

@OP

You could have called Apple support and sent the machine in for repair, instead of waiting for an Apple store appointment. You should have gotten it repaired within a week.

Apple is not responsible for the data on your SSD. If the data is sensitive, you should keep regular backups. It is bad luck that you had your SSD fail so early, but as long as Apple repaired it for free under their warranty, I don't see them being at fault.