Is microsoft foldershare secure?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atad6, Jun 25, 2008.

1. atad6 macrumors regular

I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about syncing a few folders between two macs, preferably over the internet so I don't have to worry about having the computers together to complete a sync.

I've seen decent reviews of Microsoft foldershare https://www.foldershare.com/welcome.aspx and decided to give it a try. It seems to work but I'm concerned about security. All I want to do is use the syncing feature to select a few folders. I don't like that with foldershare the entire contents of my hard drive can be accessed over the internet, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn that option off.

Is anyone using this service? If not does anyone have anyone have any suggestions for how to keep folders in sync over the internet.

Thanks!

2. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

Im looking at this also. I have some files on my Windows machine I would like to keep synced with my Mac. For added security, I may use a True Crypt volume and keep that synced.

3. numlock macrumors 68000

In Settings-Transfers then uncheck the "allow web downloads from this computer"