Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Ive always had my iphone jailbroken. Whats the app called?
there is also iLocalis through cydia, if you donate for as little as €5 for a years subscription to help keep the service running you get:

Remote Backup and restore of
- SMS
- AddresBook
- Calendar
- Call history Secure communication between iPhone and iLocalis server
Remote iPhone lock
Data exportation
Push support
Alert SMS on SIM change
Remote audio recording
Remote iPhone lock
Lock iLocalis uninstallation

personally I found ilocalis easier to setup than cylay but it's a personal preference. One downside to iLocalis I found was i can never turn my phone off when i had iLocalis installed it would end up rebooting after a few mins of being switched off

Animal72001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
I just found out that the refurbished phone I purchased is 3.1.3 damnit.

I guess I gotta wait a few months before it can be jailbroken.

btcutter

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Most of the features you guys are mentioning really dont seem to appeal to me. I already use gmail, not hard to find a way to sync my contacts free. The only app that appealed to me was findmyiphone. Now that there is a cheaper alternative to it this is a no brainer.

$60 for a year isn't bad. but that's just me.:)

Animal72001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
$60 for a year isn't bad. but that's just me.:)

I had my iphone stolen so I had to dish out another $200+ to get another one. Insurance is going to cost me about $100/year if I plan on getting it and it covers stolen phones. So I dont see why I should dish out another $60.

btcutter

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
I had my iphone stolen so I had to dish out another $200+ to get another one. Insurance is going to cost me about $100/year if I plan on getting it and it covers stolen phones. So I dont see why I should dish out another $60.

What are the chances of your phone getting stolen again? I suspect you'll be much more careful. MM vs Insurance. It depends on the person and his/her use.

If you used AMEX or VISA/MC to buy a new phone, they will insure it even against stolen phone for 90 days I think.

To each his own. If you don't think MM is worth the money, no one will talk you into it. You asked the question and we gave our opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.