is Monday a holiday?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omar4578, Apr 11, 2011.

1. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

ok, so this...

http://flic.kr/p/9xF959

...ordered the MBP on Apr 3 2011, and got 8gb ram so delivery is 1-3 business days...so lets say 3 business days , Apr 3 is Sunday, so then it wouldve gotten picked up Apr 6-7...yada yada..its supposed to be delivered to my house on the 12th by 4:30pm...

thats my issue! im in San Pedro. 30 min from Los Angeles Down Town..its been in the los angeles Dest facility since Sat, Apr 9. not counting sun, it doesnt take 2 days to get to my house from Los Angeles..lol

is Monday a day that Fedex does not deliver?

sorry im just so excited to get my MBP...

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Shipping can be a fickle thing....its possible FedEx is just backed up. I know its tough, but the best advice is to attempt to put it out of your mind.

You could get a nice tech project going...if this Mac is replacing an old one, find a cool alternative usage for the old one. Or go through the App Store looking for cool new Apps for your new computer. Or do some cleaning so any files you need to bring over are key and don't waste space.

3. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

problem is... im a new mac..im one of those from PC to mac lol

ive got so many projects in mind for the mac...just waiting for it to come... *sigh*:(

just got so tired of windows...(one of my "projects on the mac" would be boot camp windows though *ironically* lol

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Hey?

3 Business days for delivery right? It says ship date 7th, delivery date 12th.

7th is Thursday so Friday, Monday with delivery on Tuesday is only 2 business days.

I can't see the problem...

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Ahh, so the want is even greater! I get it. Your laptop is a beast, so I am assuming you're computer is now going to take place fully on this laptop? Or is your desktop still going to be used daily?

If its the first one now if a sweet time to get your old PC files ready to move over to OS X(or your XP side)

If its the 2nd one
    You can reformat any external HDD for OS X and Windows if they are in a Windows only format now.

Either one
    You can install Linux distros, play around with other distro..Chrome OS, Ubuntu? Solaris? All free OSes and can help you both with keeping up to date with what is out there for traditional PCs as well as give your environments to help learn their usage and if you run into trouble with OS X, sometimes Linux can help solve it.

Or you know, any hobby that keeps you busy.(also Apple keeps the App Store online too, so you can check out the apps there, and set up a list to download for yourself)

6. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

well, not really i ordered it on the 3rd of april..its been 7 days

7. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

thanks bro, ill definately start on that list lol..
    yup the laptop i have now triple boots fedora 14, ubuntu 10.1 and win 7...but im just not happy that i cant have mac lol so i will be putting win 7 and ubuntu on the mac...win 7 in bootcamp and ubuntu on a VM...

..but one question though..

what exactly do you mean by changing the format of my external HDD to mac?

i do have an external iOmega 500gb hd with like 30gb of files that im hoping to move to my MBP...

8. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

I get so annoyed seeing stuff like this. The 7th is a sunday so it does not count LOL. Saturday the 9th and sunday the 10th are WEEKENDS so they dont count towards your business days either. You may need to rethink your 'its been 7 days' comment.

For future reference here is an idea of how it may work for your order

Order Sunday and give 1-3 days to build
    Monday processed
    Late Tuesday start build
    Wednesday boxed and ready to ship
    Thursday picked up by shipping service

If you paid to Ship thursday with next day get it friday
    If you paid to ship thursday with 2 day get it monday
    If you selected standard shipping it ships thursday with 3 day and you get it Tuesday**THIS IS YOU**

So in this case you are right on the money. I can appreciate being excited to get your computer but you do have to be realistic in what you think a business day is and how they work

9. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

being excited cloggs up my brain sometimes... lol :rolleyes:

i didnt know fedex does not deliver on saturdays (i didnt think business days also applied to shipping since mail comes on saturdays)..hmm

...point is its in los angeles as of friday, and i wont get it until tuesday...i dislike shipping..

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You get mail on Saturday? Weird.

Saturday/Sunday are not business days. They don't count in the calculation of shipping days.

11. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

sorry i edited my post...

but yea, i do get mail on saturdays..you dont? that is why i thought it counted

12. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

USPS delivers on Saturday's thats why you get mail but other carriers do not unless it is specifically paid for.

Tomorrow is the big day!

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

No, posties in Australia don't work on the weekend, never have and if they tried to make them there'd be a revolt.

14. omar4578 thread starter macrumors regular

omar4578

Just got it!!! im so excited!!! oh boy! lol

This thing is suuuuper fast compared to my old laptop!

(ill have to get used to the trackpad) but its great!!!

Already have cs5 premiere package installed, and a whole bunch of neat apps! and i have to say (they run suuuper smooth with no lag)

15. rmitchell248 macrumors 6502

awesome! I hope you enjoy it