Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I was wondering what would happen if you tried to stick more than 2 gigs of RAM in a cd macbook. I know when I got it the manual stated that 2 was the max, but I wondered if anyone has tried to go higher anyway. I'm thinking that it isn't possible, but I guess I'm hoping that it is!:D

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I figured it wouldn't work. I have such macbook envy right now. I wish I could afford one of the new one. There really is nothing wrong with the one I have now, it just seems so, obsolete now. It hasn't even been 2 years!

NEiMac

macrumors regular
Yeah I know how you feel, mine is about a year and half old too. Id love to get a new one too, but it isn't financially possible right now. I've pretty much decided to wait tell the next graphics card upgrade in them before I do, which means I might have this a while. lol It still does everything I need it to do so I really don't need a new one just have a bad case of wants. :D

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
I have an early 2006 15" CD MBP. While it is not the "latest and greatest," it does just about everything a new one does, albeit just a *tiny* bit slower.

I still like it, and it's indistinguishable from the latest models, so who's to know?

MacDann

Mikey B

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
the island
I have an early 2006 15" CD MBP. While it is not the "latest and greatest," it does just about everything a new one does, albeit just a *tiny* bit slower.

I still like it, and it's indistinguishable from the latest models, so who's to know?

MacDann

Good point. Sometimes I feel like Apple just likes to torture me with updates. It kills me that the first gen Macbook is almost "obsolete" but truth be told, I don't know how much of a difference there really is.

AuburnTiger

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2005
Good point. Sometimes I feel like Apple just likes to torture me with updates. It kills me that the first gen Macbook is almost "obsolete" but truth be told, I don't know how much of a difference there really is.

Bah! I used a iBook G4 with only 768MB of RAM for over 3 years, and the machine still worked amazingly when i sold it on eBay last week (for $400). Macs have amazing lifespans for computers; I intend for this Macbook to last me at least 2.5 to 3 years, after which I can probably still sell it for some nice change to go towards a new one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.