Is MSN with video chat function coming out soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iamvincent, Feb 16, 2010.

1. iamvincent macrumors member

So antsy waiting for it......

not used to other video chatting software but MSN...

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol i doubt it is anytime soon

weve been watin for ages

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Even if it does come out this year (or the next, or the next), don't get your hopes up. It will be buggy, and flawed like many of the Messenger releases the Microsoft Mac Business Unit has put out.

I suggest moving to Skype or iChat if possible.

4. iamvincent thread starter macrumors member

lol. I have 120 friends on MSN but only 20 on skype, most of my friends are using msn, so inconvenient........

patpat~~ i just got my macbook a couple of weeks ago, so i hanv't been waiting for ages yet, but i guess i'm joining you right now..

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

lol

Brother, don't bother. I have bought my mac in 2007 and i have been waiting literally for ages to get that feature, its not gonna happen, im sure they would have said something about it at the conference last week. They showed of the office for mac 2010, that looks good, kinda same as the one for pc, im sure they would have mentioned the edition as billion complain about this.

Look for another way around this, i am in the same boat as you, every body i know uses msn, only 3 people on skype lol.

6. davidcmc macrumors 6502

aMSN or Mercury.
    Both Java-based things that takes ages just to load a menu. And don't forget the unfriendly user interface and other things.
    Unfortunately they're the only way to get video/audio chat in MSN using OS X.

Yeah, that sucks.
    I really don't understand why it is SO ****ING DIFFICULT for developers to do that in a Cocoa programmed application.

Adium is out for ages, and there's not even a rumor about video support in MSN.
    Trillian has ben released about 1 month ago and doesn't have video chat too.

7. jgbhardy macrumors 6502

jgbhardy

Yes there will be a Beta of MSN 8 which will support Video and Audio coming out in March, it was supposed to be out by the end of 2009 :rolleyes:

So yes it is coming soon and here is a thread that has been waiting for it for so long, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=667394
    Edit: The thread starts by talking about a leaked beta but when you get to page 7 you will see that a member who is involved with the MacBU at Microsoft has said it will be releasing a public beta in March.

8. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I don't use MSN, but it bugs me to see the gf switch to bootcamp on her machine to use video chat. She tells her friends that she loves her Mac but a lot of stuff doesn't work on it. Drives me... mildy irritable :cool: