quagmire

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I ordered a 20" iMac G5. Right now it is in Indianapolis, IN. Fedex says this,

July 15, 2005 1:58 AM

Int'l shipment release

INDIANAPOLIS, IN
What does that mean? Is my iMac stuck in Customs since it came from Singapore China?

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
quagmire said:
I ordered a 20" iMac G5. Right now it is in Indianapolis, IN. Fedex says this,

What does that mean? Is my iMac stuck in Customs since it came from Singapore China?
Not 100% sure, but it sounds like it might be. Did you contact Fedex to see if they could verify whether this is the case or not?

aviationwiz

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2005
That means it's been released from customs...

At any rate, Bin Laden has little to do with anything for a small shipment like this, it's pretty easy to tell what it is, especially since I'd say Apple Computer Corporation doesn't regularly lie on customs declerations, breaking federal law.

It's the financial responsibilities of who would pay the duty, etc. is what would keep it held up.

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
Interestingly enough, Apples supply chain really has it's ducks in a row when it comes to international shipments.

They basically import the products into the US and Canada by the pallet/container and they clear customs as a 'single' import. Once the mass-import clears customs, Fedex breaks down that pallet to the individual case/unit and they each go to their unique delivery point. Most of the time the products never even touch a domestic Apple distribution center.

Even better - the end customer never has to worry about the customs or brokerage - Apples on the ball.

Pretty cool... then again I'm a supply chain geek... :cool: